First Mission

Go down

First Mission

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Alright, a little while ago we had someone new sign up through the SMS site as Chief Medical Officer, but so far she hasn't signed up yet for the forums. I'm going to get in contact with her to see what's up, but having a sixth member officially made us an active Bravo Fleet sim. This means we can get our first real mission started at any time, and since there's not much going on in the prologue, do you guys want to get started? Our first outing will be mainly action-oriented, so there ought to be an increase in activity (hopefully).

Commanding Officer

View user profile http://ussrenaissance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First Mission

Post by Rychard Hannah on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:09 am

Well, I'm up and ready for it. As the only male PC, this is gonna be a fun ride. Very Happy
Rychard Hannah
Helmsman
Helmsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Wow, is Rych really the only one here?

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rychard Hannah on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Well, sometimes it feels like it.
Rychard Hannah
Helmsman
Helmsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by S'iraa on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi All,

Thought I would drop a line see how things are going, anyone need mauling? Can I kill anyone?

Sb

Task Force Commanding Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:27 pm

To be blunt, I've failed epically as a CO.

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by S'iraa on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Being a CO is a challenge, its not an easy thing and if it were....would it really be worth doing?

Determination is key even when things seem down, your best asset is those around you, you have a crew and they would not have joined if it didn't appeal to them in some way. If a CO asks the crew for help they can offer advice in ways unburdened by the CO mentality. The Dreadnought went through this, more then once and there were times even recently I thought about packing it in but look at it now?

You've got the ability to make this something great, confidence takes time to build up but you should stop doubting yourself, your doing fine. The hardest part is done and over so all you need to do now is establish a crew that's in it for the development, the chance to play something unique, a troubled character, someone who has difficulty with the established norm. Stay strong, if you need help with missions, ask me and I'll help.

Remember, its better to ask a silly question then to make a silly mistake.

Regards

Steve

Task Force Commanding Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Telan on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:56 am

hey sorry i haven't signed up sooner but my internet hasn't been working properly
Lisa Telan
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:43 am

S'iraa wrote:Being a CO is a challenge, its not an easy thing and if it were....would it really be worth doing?

Determination is key even when things seem down, your best asset is those around you, you have a crew and they would not have joined if it didn't appeal to them in some way. If a CO asks the crew for help they can offer advice in ways unburdened by the CO mentality. The Dreadnought went through this, more then once and there were times even recently I thought about packing it in but look at it now?

You've got the ability to make this something great, confidence takes time to build up but you should stop doubting yourself, your doing fine. The hardest part is done and over so all you need to do now is establish a crew that's in it for the development, the chance to play something unique, a troubled character, someone who has difficulty with the established norm. Stay strong, if you need help with missions, ask me and I'll help.

Remember, its better to ask a silly question then to make a silly mistake.

Regards

Steve
Well, thanks a lot for the words of encouragement, but this isn't the first time I've had this kind of trouble with running an RP. About four times I've tried being a GM before, twice with Star Trek, and every time I get some members and it seems great at first, but then things slow to a halt and everything I try and do to keep things going fails utterly. That kind of constant failure makes it almost impossible for me to expect this endeavor to be successful, and when you couple that with the fact that I'm a naturally depressed and pessimistic person already, finding the confidence to stay on board with this RP is incredibly difficult.

vasilisa wrote:hey sorry i haven't signed up sooner but my internet hasn't been working properly
That's alright, it's nice to see you here at last. I guess we're going to be sticking around drydock a little longer so you can get to meet everybody. I'll go start a separate introduction thread for you.

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down