Mission 0: Prolouge

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mission 0: Prolouge

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:36 am

::Starbase 21::
::Utopia Planitia Shipyards::
::0900 Hours, Day 1::

Miko drummed her fingers impatiently as she waited in a chair outside the office of Captain Hudson, the CO of this starbase and the man responsible for shoving her into her new assignment. She still wore the uniform of a science division lieutenant, having not gotten a chance to update her rank or department since transferring back to Sol. The asiatic officer had a bone to pick with her former CO, and he knew.

Perhaps that was why it took two hours for his secretary to finally wave her in, sending Miko stomping into his office with a scowl on her face. Hudson, a muscular, bearded human of African descent, gave her a smug smile as she entered.

"Morning, Commander," he said with a disturbing calm, causally sipping his coffee, "I see they still haven't issued you a new uniform. That what you needed to see me about?"

"No," Miko growled in response, assuming a British accent she hadn't used in years. "I want to know why you pulled me off of Hawkeye and put me in command of a glorified rust bucket."

Hudson chuckled at her anger, obviously unfazed by Miko's behavior. "You were given this command because you're a fine officer who, in my professional opinion, is ready for a little career advancement."

He stood up and strode up to the replicator to order more coffee before continuing, "Besides, I'm sure you've read about Starfleet's new mission for the Renaissance, correct?"

"Disciplinary vessel," Miko replied as she glared at Hudson, "Which is why it makes no sense to put a science officer with no command experience in charge. Why not a bloody Marine, for Christ's sake?"

"Because you have one little qualification that most officers don't-you've been through what the standard crewman on this ship is going to go through." Hudson set his drink aside and sat up in his chair, assuming a more serious posture. "You've had issues. A whole damn lot of issues. When you came on board the New Jersey, you were rage-prone around others and a sobbing mess while alone. But you worked through it and became a fine officer- a Lieutenant Commander at 34, for God's sake. You're a role model for what I want to see out of this experiment."

Miko continued to glare at Hudson, still only slightly moved by his explanation. "And that makes up for not being an experienced disciplinarian?"

"A hard-ass like you will do fine," Hudson replied with a hearty laugh. "Besides, Commander, these orders aren't going to be argued with. Why don't you just embrace this assignment, maybe go meet your new XO?"

"Fine, but when this whole bloody thing explodes and fails dramatically, your arse is going to be on the line for it."

"I'll take that risk," Hudson said with a smug smile. "You should attend to your ship, Commander, there's a lot to do before you depart."

"Oh, by all bloody means," Miko grumbled as she left his office. "Go meet all the buggers who are going to make my life a bloody nightmare, why don't I...."

:Tag All:
Miko Hayakawa
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

View user profile http://ussrenaissance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mission 0: Prolouge

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:31 pm

::USS Renaissance::
::Airlock 3::
::Docked at Utopia Planitia Shipyards, Mars Orbit::
::0913 Hours, Day 1::

Stepping through the airlock into her new ship, Miko's mind swirled with a mix of anticipation, frustration and disappointment. A week ago she had been a science officer on a relatively nice planetary base, stumbling through her work and competing with a jackass pilot for the affection of a straight female doctor-not exactly an idyllic life, but it worked. There had been the feeling that she finally had a shot at a fairly happy life, without the trauma and drama that had characterized so much of her existence.

And now? Now she was charged with whipping a group of delinquents, misfits, troublemakers and recovering substance addicts into fine examples of Starfleet personnel. No amour of obscenities could accurately describe how pissed off she felt at the admiralty, Captain Hudson, and the universe in general at that moment.

Before she could even take a dozen steps down the hall, a bald crewman approached her. His uniform and rank insignia denoted a Petty Officer First Class, operations division, and a pair of thick-rimmed spectacles rested on the bridge of his nose. His stance seemed to drip with calm and direction-clearly, this PO1 was a man who knew exactly where he was going, and what he was doing.

"Commander Hayakawa," the man spoke up and he walked to her, "I'm Petty Officer Harriman, your new yeoman. I've got personnel files for you to look over, prospective members of your senior staff, status reports on all systems currently being worked on while we're at spacedock, and-"

"Whoa, whoa!", Miko cut him off, her voice still retaining a British accent, "One thing at a time, for Christ's sake, I just got here!"

"Yes ma'am," Harriman replied with no change in his tone. "Sorry, ma'am. And congratulations, by the way, I understand your promotion was rather recent."

"To say the least," she mumbled in response. "Haven't even got a bloody uniform change yet. Couldn't just get a promotion and keep my old job, oh no, had to get a command, stupid little bugger admirals..."

"Your new uniform is in your ready room, ma'am," Harriman continued as they walked to a turbolift. "Your helmsman has also arrived already at Starbase 21, Junior Lieutenant Rychard Hannah. He's currently en route by shuttle to the Renaissance."

"Oh, great. Just bloody terrific." Miko groaned at the thought of meeting the new pilot-she generally reserved a special distaste for arrogant jackass flyboys, and there was no doubt in her mind that this Hannah would be exactly like that. "Anything else I can't just read from a padd?"

"We've got a journalist on board, by the name of Ashley Charon. She'll be attached to the ship as a correspondent to report on the Rena-"

"A fucking reporter?" Miko growled and rubbed her temples in frustration. "Bloody hell, the good times just keep on fucking rolling, don't they?" A variety of Korean obscenities declare her mouth as the turbolift arrived at the bridge, allowing the Asiatic commander to stop towards her new ready room. "I'm going to bloody murder Hudson, swear to God."

"I wouldn't recommend that, ma'am," Harriman interjected calmly.

"Please just piss off, I need a little time to fume privately."

"Aye ma'am, everything you need for now is on your desk." The Petty Officer backed off as the door closed behind Miko, leaving her alone in her ready room with a neatly folded new Lt. Commander's uniform with the red undershirt of a command officer, a small montain of padds, and an unholy amount of frustration at the galaxy.

Bloody fucking hell, what have I gotten into now...

::Open Tag::

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Charon on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:35 pm

::Utopia Planitia Shipyards, Mars Orbit::
::0916 Hours, Day 1::

"Ahh the smell of confusion in the morning," Ashley said to herself with a smile as she made her way to her next assignment; The Renaissance.

She'd been working for FNS most of her adult life, and they'd since learned that you didn't put a person like Ashley Charon in a place where protocol and ethics where a required part of the job, you put were they weren't. As such she'd never been assigned to a Starfleet ship before, and had spent most of her career going where respectable reporters refused to like the Rigel System, Cardassian Space, the old stomping grounds of the Maquis.....you name a dangerous part of the Alpha Quadrant and odds are Ashley had been there before, and going to those places hadn't helped her become an upstanding member of Federation Society on any level. Hell the only reason FNS kept her around was to do the dirty reporting they either couldn't or didn't want to send anyone else to do. The Renaissance fell somewhere between those two.
Word was that the ships new CO was a real ball-buster, couple that with the fact the ship was being assigned as what amounted to a correctional facility for wayward officers it had Ashley's name written all over it as far as her boss was concerned.
They hadn't given her any specifics on what she was supposed to say about the ship, but from the conversation Ashley had overheard between her boss talking to some Captain Hudson she wasn't supposed to come away with anything good to say about the ship and her crew.

No problem with that and at least I'll be able to get some decent meals out of a replicator for a few months, She thought with a smile as she continued to walk briskly towards one of the airlocks to the Renaissance, brushing a stray lock of dark brown hair out of her face.
Her deep black eyes scanned the surrounding area as she walked by, mainly taking note of the people and their looks of confusion, matched by the same general emotion that they seemed to be screaming all at once in her head thanks to her Betazoid heritage.
It didn't piss her off, or give her headache though, on the contrary she was happy as can be. Confusion always made her cheerful for some reason, probably one of the reasons she delighted in dishing it out so much.

"Now let's see if we can get everyone on the ship so mad they want to throw me out an airlock,"She said to herself with a grin as she made her way into the third airlock. Ashley wasn't scared of anyone actually throwing her out an airlock, but it tickled her to no end to see the looks of frustration on peoples faces as she pissed them off.

"Starting with the Renaissance's new Commanding Officer...."
Ashley Charon
Reporter
Reporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rychard Hannah on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:30 am

Junior Lieutenant Rychard Hannah

"Oh, come on! Lemme fly, just for a bit!"

Rychard couldn't help but hassle the pilot, who failed to lower his guard. With a sigh of acceptance, he took his seat, buckling up. He stretched his legs, leaning back. Another boring day.

After an easy and standard flight, the shuttle docked, and Rychard was free to roam the starbase. Of course, he had mission priorities - get to the U.S.S. Renaissance. But, uh, who said he had to be on time? "Oh boy. That shuttle pilot took forever."

::Airlock 3::
::0913 Hours, Day 1::

Hannah strolled around, taking his steps with leisure. He'd stop the other female cadets, some falling for his charismatic ploys, while others were repulsed and took off. Only one felt a slap in the face was the best cure. Eventually, he found the airlock, boarding tout-suite.

The ship itself was an Ambassador Class, with a history behind it. Of course, Rychard didn't know it. Most briefings were spent distracted, and anyone could make up exploits. Instead, he came to respect the vessel itself. Scorch marks and scrapes were the only way to prove that one had done all those actions.

Hannah eyed his uniform; it wasn't his color, but he did make it look good. He found himself almost stretching a little, flexing, showing it off. Rychard stopped in the turbolift, curious where to go. Of course, he had been on many ships before, but each time with less and less freedom. For once, he felt free again. The Command Center was where he would spend his time, and probably where the Commander herself was.

"Bridge."

The elevator shot up, taking Rychard to the main piloting area. Of course, Commander Hayakawa wasn't present yet. At least he had time to overview the bridge.
Rychard Hannah
Helmsman
Helmsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Morgan on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:41 pm

::0843 Hours, Day 1::

"Wellll, I just might be back on station this evening, if you were free that is.", Michael hit the red head with his most brilliant smile. "Though I hear this commander I'm interviewing with is something of a stickler for details. I might not get off ship til we come back this way. And I hear it's a heck of a long way to the Delta Quadrant and back."

The red headed Lt jg who was handling dock operations for the supplies going into the mighty ship just outside their viewport returned his smile. "I guess that's a chance we'll have to take then. I'm on duty."

Michael shook his head smiling, and shrugged. "Gotta love that duty. Oh well, as they say, 'it call's'"

With that he stepped up to the air lock, pausing to take a look at what he hopped would be his new home.

Man, they sure as hell don't build 'em like that anymore. Ambassador class, now that is a ship.

Stepping on board, he saw he was early and decided to look around abit.

"Bridge."

No better place to start looking than up top.
Michael Morgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:24 pm

::CO's Ready Room::
::0920 Hours, Day 1::

A scant few minutes passed after Harriman had departed to allow Miko to settle in before his voice chimed in on her communicator. "Commander Hayakawa, Miss Charon, the reporter I mentioned, is here to see you."

A growl escaped her mouth before she whacked her combadge to respond. "Send her in." Bloody hell, I can't get five fucking minutes without getting even more pissed off, can I? She set aside the padd in her hand and shoved the still-folded command uniform aside, slumping in her science Lieutenant's outfit as she wondered how much of a pissant this Charon woman would be.

Ashley strode into the Ready Room with a big smile on her face, as she approached Miko. Part of the reason she was smiling was that she was always nice to people at first, annoyingly so sometimes, part of it was because she could sense the waves of anger rolling off the Women.

Wow It's called a chill pill woman, don't have a chill pill, get a chill strip put it on your tongue, let it dissolve, and chill......this is going to be to easy, She thought as she took the seat opposite Miko and stared at the Women in a science uniform with her black eyes.

"Hello Miss Hakawa," She started, purposely getting the Commander's last name wrong," Ashley Charon, your Federation News Correspondent, She finished with large smile, crossing her legs in the chair as she awaited the Commander's response.

"Ha-ya-ka-wa, Ha-ya-ka-wa, Ha-ya-ka-wa, Ha-ya-fucking-ka-wa, for Christ's sake," Miko growled in response to the mispronunciation of her last name. "Bloody hell, it's not just the pilots who don't know how to sound out the damn word, it's reporters too."

She rubbed her temples in frustration, irritated at the very presence of Ashley. Her eyes were creepy as all hell-like giant black dots instead of regular irses. It was almost as freaky as a Lagashi's cybernetic eyes.

"Have you got anything important to tell me or ask about? Because if not, you might be best suited to bugging off."

"Wow did we grab a cup of decaf this morning or something?," Ashley asked, genuinely shock; she often pissed people off, but it wasn't very often someone acted on their raw emotions the way Hayakawa did. "Sheesh get a persons name wrong upon meeting them the first time, and all of the sudden your the source of all evil in the universe," She continued playing the innocent card." As to why I'm here I thought it might be good if we talk over my being on the ship, it won't be a problem will it?"

I can see the first headline now Starfleet's Officer Restitution ship Renaissance run by Women three fries short of a happy meal....

"Why would it? I mean, you're here to publicly humiliate me, correct?", Miko grumbled, "Make reports all about Starfleet's little experiment on the Renaissance, show the whole Federation every tiny little anything resembling a mistake."

Her already small Asian eyes narrowed further as she squinted at Ashley. "And drop the fake innocence, it's so bloody transparent that you could shine a laser through it." Years of living on a crapsack world, far from the comfortable civilization Charon had likely grown up in, had given her a knack for finding deception in others. That knack was telling her that this woman was not innocent at all.

"Laser eh? Well that's better than a dim flashlight I suppose," Ashley replied with a smirk. Miko was good at cutting through Ashley's bullshit, even Ashley had to admit that. But Ashley had more than that to back her up, and the Commander still had no idea what sort of game she was playing at, or or how every word she'd said so far had done little to help had Ashley been genuinely trying to not "publicly humiliate" the ship.

"Well from what I understand a Captain.....I don't remember some river that starts with H I think? Well anyway he asked for the Federation News Service to do a report on the program, and I'm here, no bias at all against the program whatsoever," She said truthfully. She didn't have any personal bias against Miko, or the program nor did she have any wish to see it fail. But she did want to have fun on this assignment and was inherently drawn to writing scathing reports, and doing her best to end people's careers it was all she'd done for most of her career, why should things change now? Besides from the way the Commander was talking it wasn't like she would be able to write something nice about the ship if she tried.

"All I'm asking is for a little cooperation."

"Do I have a bloody choice?" If Hudson was behind Charon's assignment here, as Miko greatly suspected, then there was little she could do but cooperate-otherwise, she'd likely be forced to do so. Note to self: Go yell at Hudson some more before we leave spacedock.

"Not much of one your stuck with me whether you like it or not," Ashley replied with a large smile," But you can either fight me the entire way and show nothing for the effort, or we can at least try to get along on some level, and make things easier."

Ashley wasn't sure whether or not Miko would fall for that one or not, she intended to play the game as ruthless as ever regardless of the Commanders answer, but even so she'd prefer the option of being polite about it.

"Oh, I won't fight you, don't worry," Miko replied as she rested her chin in her hands, "What I'm going to do is go yell at Hudson for an hour and get nowhere, then come back here and grumble through your time here. Or hell, maybe get assigned back to Hawkeye, that would be bloody wonderful."

It was obvious Ashley considered this to be a game-fair enough. Miko could play at that game just as well as the reporter sitting before her. A thought as to what her next move could be popped into her mind as her eyes drifted down to Charon's chest.

"You know, that blouse shirt would make you insanely attractive with short sleeves and maybe a bit more of a v-neck. I mean, I'm already attracted by it, but if you want my opinion, that would look great." Now, let's see if that throws her off a little.

Now is she really interested in me or is she trying to get into my head? Either way she's in for a nasty shock...

"Better to show enough to leave them wanting more, while looking professional has always been my stance," Ashley replied with a widening grin. She quickly recrossed her legs in the opposite direction they had been, to draw the woman's focus towards her skirt."Besides I didn't know Starfleet was the new fashion place, you'd never know it from that horrible uniform you all are forced to wear."

"I used to wear a skirt and short-sleeved uniform when I worked at a research institute on Earth," Miko replied flatly as her eyes drifted to Ashley's rather wonderful legs. "Really nice, should be an option for all female personnel. Hudson didn't let me wear it, though, and it wouldn't be fitting for a Commanding Officer." Well, at least she's great eye candy.

And your behavior thus far has?, Ashley thought, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. She really wasn't in a position to criticize, but she also wasn't a member of the illustrious Starfleet.

"Sounds like it was the definition in sexy for Starfleet, although I've always been partial to the all red uniforms they used in the late 2200's," She replied wondering vaguely if she could use Miko's attraction to her, physically, to her advantage or not." Maybe you should wear it a few times, in private where you won't have to worry about the crew seeing you."

"Hmmph, maybe. Hudson won't be able to bother me once we're in the Delta quadrant anyway." Miko had some difficultly trying to move her eyes up from Ashley's legs. It was quickly becoming clear that some form of sexual tension was developing, at least from Miko towards the other woman-although with her behavior, the possibility that it worked both ways was not off the table.

"No reason a civilian couldn't see it," Miko said with an intentional flatness, "Preferably a female civilian, for reasons that should be obvious if you look at my personnel profile, as I'm sure you will eventually. Tell me how it looks, you know, if I can pull it off." And then maybe rip it off... hmmm. The arousal of that thought made her sit up suddenly.

Once again when personality fails, the more physical aspects still win, Ashley though, arching an eyebrow at Miko's sudden jolt straight up in her chair.

" Well I haven't read your personnel file, not that I'd need to at this point, but I'd be happy to tell you how it looks," She said with a slight husk in her voice,"You should show me sometime"

"I'll get it replicated tonight," Miko said without trying to hide the fact that she was staring at Ashley's legs. "We're probably going to hate each other eventually, but at least we can be nice to each other for the first.... week, maybe."

"I thought we already hated each other isn't that was makes the best...well I guess you'll find out tonight," Ashley replied with a mischievous smile. As she rose slowly to leave, she arched her back, stretching her arms and pushing her chest out a little farther."So let me know when you've got that uniform replicated, and I'll come by."

She started to head towards the door to the Commanders Ready Room, but stopped and turned back toward Miko with another mischievous smile.
"Also in case you didn't notice I'm a part Betazoid, so your emotions have been a bit of an open book..."

Miko let out a small laugh, otherwise completely unphased by Ashley's mention of her heritage. "I was sort-of dating a Betazoid woman before getting assigned here. Trust me, I don't care at all of you can read my emotions. Used to it." Now just what the hell is it with me and falling for dark-haired telepaths?

"Anyway, just stop by my quarters around 1930 tonight, I'll have it by then. And for my sake, wear something casual." She leaned back in her chair and returned Ashley's mischievous smile, mixed with a tinge of her own seductive side, before adding, "Something that comes off easily would be terrific."

"I'll see you then in that," Ashley replied with a wink before flitting out the door.

And after I'll get to work discrediting you and your ship.....

--------

This actually pretty smexy JP by

and

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McDonald on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:59 pm

:: Shuttlecraft Omega IV::
:: Day 1, 0940 Hours ::

Utopia Planitia Shipyards...

Over two hours later than scheduled, the shuttlecraft began the final approach. And for the first time since the journey began, Alex McDonald silenced the music playing through her earpiece and set aside the book she had been reading. A proper, old-fashioned book which showed signs of old age and of being well read, the spine creased. Music and fiction, a perfect escape. Now, however, she was much more interested in the view.

When they reached the shipyards, her orders were to report aboard the USS Renaissance as Chief Science Officer. A posting which she had accepted out of pure stubbornness as much as anything. The position, as part of the senior staff was one she had aspired to. The posting, however... Word was travelling fast about the USS Renaissance. Alex smiled ruefully as she leaned back in her chair. Although she had always proved herself to be an excellent scientist, she was never a model Starfleet officer. So perhaps she deserved this. She didn’t really care. Being assigned to this ship wasn’t going to make her resign or do anything stupid.

At least not yet.

:: USS Renaissance ::
:: Bridge ::
:: 1000 Hours ::

Emerging from the turbolift, clad in a freshly replicated uniform and with her orders in hand, Alex stepped onto the Bridge. She glanced quickly around the room, taking in every detail until a young ensign stepped into view.

“Can I help you, Lieutenant...?”

“McDonald,” Alex told her.

“Welcome aboard,” the ensign offered. “Ensign Matthews. You are our new Chief Science Officer, right? I’m a member of your team.”

Alex glanced at the outstretched hand for a brief second before shaking it. Trying to remember what she had read about the ensign, and the other people who would now report in to her, as she did so. Snippets of his personnel file came to mind but she remembered wondering what he had done to earn his place on this mission.

“Nice to meet you,” she replied. “I was looking for the Commander?”

“She’s that way and doesn’t seem in the best of moods,” Matthews commented, gesturing over his shoulder and adding in what he probably intended to be a knowing look. “I should get back to work and, er, welcome aboard again.”

Taking a deep breath, wondering exactly what qualified as a bad mood for her new CO, Alex decided now was as good a time as any to find out.

OFF

Alex McDonald
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:47 am

::Bridge::

With a chime, the turbolift deposited Michael on the bridge, and he looked around appreciatively. Smaller than the Galaxy class, with reminders of it's Excelsior class predecesor , Michael had always loved the layout of the Ambassador class. To him, it just looked like it served a dual mission of exploration and defense.

It was as his eyes were making a second sweep that he realized he wasn't alone. And here he was standing in the doorway of the turbolift gaping like a second year cadet on their first summer tour. That thought made him unconciously scratch his chin, which just reminded him that he'd forgotten to shave this morning.

Damn!

Oh well, nothing to do for it now, not with his interview for the XO job coming up shortly and him already on the bridge. Have to forge on, he guessed.

Stepping forward, Michael held out his hand.

"Michael Morgan."

Rychard had been scanning the roof, getting a feel for the controls and layout of the bridge when another man had approached him, hand extended. He was unshaven, and carried a presence of a commanding figure who didn't quite know how to handle things yet. Almost a rookie squad leader, who's history just didn't quite proceed him. Rychard could feel this man, already trying to twist his arm. Hannah turned his head back from the man to his panel, working the console.

"Hannah." He replied, not shaking the hand. "So, what's your story, pal?"

Shaking the other man's hand, Michael plopped down in the tactical seat next to him, slouching back a bit.

"Good to meet you."

Pausing a minute, he raised an eyebrow, smiling as he spoke. "To answer your question..", Morgan gave a slight shrug. "...the usual, sucessful father and brother. Expected to follow them into the family business, decided to skip that, and major in partying at college. That didn't pan out so well for me, so decided I'd give it up and try Starfleet." Looking over he raised an eyebrow. "You?"

"My story? Nothing better. Just the best damn pilot in the entire galaxy. Figured it'd be a lot more interesting to fly an Ambassador-class instead of shuttles and hovercars."

Rychard finished toying around with the controls, leaving the ship to itself. The controls were pretty standard, and it wasn't too great of a first impression to have broken everything. He turned around, facing Morgan.

"I'm ready to get this mean machine moving. Maybe we should get the Commander?"

Michael sat back and wondered what the "best pilot in the galaxy" had crashed to end up on this disiplinary cruise.

Ah well, if I get the job, guess I'll find out.

Instead, all he said was...

"Yeah, sounds like a plan. Where's the commander at?"

After Ashley had left her ready room, Miko had slipped into her new command uniform and strode out onto the bridge, quickly spotting two male officers in red uniforms with varying grades of Lieutenant's pips on their collars. One of them was bound of be her new XO, aka the man who would serve as a barrier between her and the reporter bitch.

Well, might as well make him hate me now. She took in a deep breath and approached them, asking the two quite simply, "Which one of you got assigned here to serve as my first officer and question every single bloody decision I make?"

Turning in the seat, Michael looked up at the dark eyed commander.

Ask and you shall recieve.

Standing he raised an eyebrow, smiling.

"I wouldn't say I question every decision." Coming to a slightly off kilter parade rest, he nodded. "Michael Morgan. You must be Commander Hayakawa? I was told I was to interview with you..."

He let the comment trail off, the question in his tone. He wanted the job, but assumed the Commander could always change her mind. Absently, he wondered what had her so flustered. Hopefully there weren't major issues with the ship this close to launch, especially if he was going to be aboard.

Rychard's chit-chat with the XO ended abruptly when a woman entered their conversation. Strikingly beautiful, she was only a few years older than the 2 of them. Her Asian features were delicate, but masked by stress and many sleepless nights. Her officer's uniform contorted to her body, fitting around each curve and delicate roundness with sweet turns. She was upset, or frustrated, or flustered, but her face was still echoing a beautiful, mature woman with a hungering for adventure. Rychard couldn't help but almost study her, roaming her body with his eyes.

Their little introduction led her to be the entire commander of the ship: Commander Hayakawa. Hannah adjusted himself, slightly trying to appear formal, but there was very little he could do to hide an endearing smirk.

"Interview? Bah, if you're not a reporter, never have been, and swear you never will be, you've got the job." Miko grunted as she plopped down in the captain's chair, her eyes drifting to a junior lieutenant that seemed quite... interested in her. She wasn't sure just how to interpet the smirk in his face.

"And you are.....?"

"Interview? Bah, if you're not a reporter, never have been, and swear you never will be, you've got the job." Miko grunted as she plopped down in the captain's chair, her eyes drifting to a junior lieutenant that seemed quite... interested in her. She wasn't sure just how to interpet the smirk in his face.

Hayakawa had found Rychard staring - it wasn't a big surprise. After all, he hadn't stopped eyeing her from head to toe.

"And you are.....?"

Hannah snapped back up, at attention. He met the commander, eye to eye - something that very few superior officers would start off with. Miko met him back with a pair of beautiful eyes, locked in a gaze of curiosity, annoyance and overall disdain. But he couldn't actually tear away.

"Name's Rychard Hannah, hun. I'm your Chief Flight Control Officer. I'm in charge of getting this ship a' movin'."

Oh no. Oh FUCK no. Not you, not a subordinate, not something with balls.

Within three seconds Miko had sprung from her chair and into Hannah's face, glaring at him with an anger she reserved for those she hated with her entire being. "If you ever call me 'hun' again, if you even consider calling me by that name, I'll bust you ass down to crewman apprentice and ensure that you spend the rest your natural life scrubbing plasma conduits in the ass-end of nowhere. Are we clear, Lieutenant?", Miko growled as she finished speaking.

Michael waited for the commander to finish her rant before clearing his throat.

"I hate to interrupt, and while I promise to never be a reporter, I haven't exactly accepted the job yet."

The Commander had just brought the hammer down on Rychard. She wasn't one to be called "hun." Who would have guessed? Miko had thrown herself into his face, scowling and almost growling at him, but Hannah could only watch. Her face was even prettier up close, but certainly more stern. With the final threat of ass-end nowhere, she curled her fists and asked for a confirmation.

"Aye, aye, commander. Not much for conduit scrubbing."

Miko grumbled at the slight smugness of Hannah's response before relenting, walking backwards several feet to her chair. Slumping in her seat, she glanced over at Lt. Morgan. "You want the job, you can have it. If not, kindly get the bloody hell off my ship so I can get a real XO."

Morgan cocked his head to the side a bit, studying the commander. Yes, he wanted the job, but he'd vowed to never be a yes man. Finally, he made a decision.

"I do want the job sir, but I also have two requests. One, and let me say, that I will follow your orders, 100 percent, but in private I want the ability to give you my uncensored opinion, and know that it will at least be considered. And two...", here he paused, knowing that some CO's may see this statement as a challenge, or in the case of a female commander, a negative connotation on gender, but Morgan saw it as neither. He debated how to phrase it, but could only come up with putting it on the table and letting the chips fall. "....I will not allow my captain to willingly put themselves in harm's way. As your XO, I expect that to be my job."

He stood stiffly, almost at attention, afraid of her reply. Would this fiery commander throw him off her ship for his presumption? And if so, where did that leave his career?

"In private? I'd do a lot more to her in private." Hannah thought to himself, almost shrugging off the threats of a few seconds ago. Relentless pursuit of the libido was the greatest hunt indeed.

After Morgan's speech, Rychard couldn't help but sneer. What a suck-up. Ass-kissing first mate. The premise of flying the ship was his goal now; trying to be drinking buddies with all these stern, stoic idiots was pointless. With his heels ready to turn face, Hannah swiveled, but was stopped in his turn. At the turbolift, a beautiful woman had just entered, with soft, glowing skin and brown hair matching Rychard's tone.

"Well, when one door closes..."
Miko raised an eyebrow at Morgan following his little speech. "Just what kind of captain did you last serve with? Those are the exact things I expect you to do as XO, I'd probably kick you off my ship if you failed to live up to that." Just who let this idiot get promoted up to Full Lieutenant, anyway?

The more Rychard stood across from her, the more Commander felt like insulting them. Where was all the hostility coming from? Hannah had made many enemies, but very few had taken the offense in their first meeting. There was almost a sense of pity for this Morgan character - he tried to help her, and she berated him. This was going to be a lovely tour of duty. Gritting his teeth and curling his fists, he ignored her comments, and took his place at the flight controls.

Morgan gave a slight nod at the outburst, giving an almost smirk.

"Well then, I guess you got an XO."

"Fine, fine. Bloody spectacular, in fact," Miko grumbled back at Morgan. Her first impression of this new XO had been far from inspiring-then again, this was probably his first assignment in a command position. Miko herself had been an assistant Science Officer until just a month ago-the sad truth was that her first officer likely had far more qualifications for this assignment than she did. Why Hudson had really thought her fit for command, Miko still couldn't fathom.

"There anything else you need? I have a Captain to go yell at on Starbase 21."

Morgan gave his new CO a slight nod.

"Sounds like a plan, sir. I'll take of things around here and get us ready to ship out, if you want to go take care of.....your yelling."

"I'll do that, then," Miko replied as she stood up. Before moving towards the turbolift, however, she spoke up one more time.

"And for Christ's sake, call me ma'am, not sir. I don't have or particularly enjoy anything so masculine." With that, Miko left her XO and strode into the turbolift, intent on torturing Hudson in her own special way.

Rychard sneered to both of them, especially Miko on her way out. What a load of shit. "Call me ma'am? What kinda bullcrap is that?" Hannah grumbled in his mind, flexing his fists. There's no way any girl was resisting his charm, lest she wasn't breathing. It left him festered, and almost bothered, but with a deep breath he let it out, returning to a cocky grin.

OOC:
This lengthy JP by:

&

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Morgan on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Finding what would be his quarters, Michael stepped in and collapsed on his bunk, undoing his tunic.

Call me ma'am....lovely

Yeah, this was going to be a fun posting.
Michael Morgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:45 am

::Transporter Room 3::

In one of the Renaissace's four transporter rooms, several squads of Marines materialized in full combat gear, arriving as part of the vessel's enlarged Marine detachment. More combat personnel had been assigned aboard the ship than would normally be found on an old Ambassador-Class cruiser, thanks to the nature of her mission-maintaining order was something command had decided could be trusted to regular security officers.

While most of the Marines arriving aboard were the typical combat fare, one Lance Corporal with a shaky demeanor and worrisome expression stood out. Her short stature, weak musculature and delicate Asian face were more or less completely inconsistent with the status as a soldier.

Akira Hayakawa remained silent as she shuffled along with the rest of her squad, eyes nervously wandering around her surroundings. This was her third or fourth posting in just as many years-no way to know how long she would have to look around the ship before she got reassigned once more.

It was no small secret that Marine Officers tended to play hot potato with Akira. With a normally timid and weak attitude that had a tendency to wildly swing into blind rage at the mere mention of.... that woman, she wasn't exactly an outstanding Marine. An assignment to the Renaissance was almost guaranteed as soon as the ship's new mission as a restitution vessel was announced.

Still wandering along at the tail end of her squad, Akira found herself glancing at a bald Petty Officer approaching them-or more specifically, Akira herself. She stopped in he tracks almost immediately as she pessimistically wondered what she was in trouble for now.

"Corporal Hayakawa? I'm Petty Officer Harriman, Captain's Yeoman. I'm sorry for the sudden introduction, but I only just learned you were coming aboard."

"Uh.... okay," Akira replied, more than a little confused as her squad moved on without her. "Why, uh, I mean, with all due respect, sir, why are you talking to me?"

"I thought it would be a good idea to meet the only sibling Commander Hayakawa has aboard this ship, since I'll be working so closely with he-"

"Sibling?", Akira cut him off suddenly. "I only have a.... sister..." Almost instantly she could feel an indescribable rage growing in her stomach. She's here. She's not just here, she'd the fucking Captain. They let that bitch have a goddamn ship? "What's her first name?", Akira demanded with no small amount of anger in her voice.

Harriman looked at the Marine with a cautious expression, unsettled by her sudden change in behavior. "Miko," he started slowly, "Why?"

Akira didn't even respond, instead storming off with a scowl towards a nearby turbolift. That bitch, that worthless excuse for a human being who had left her to rot on a crapsack planet with the monster they called mother, was the Commanding Officer of this ship. Rage consumed Akira's entire being at the very thought of serving under her. She abandoned me, left me with an alcoholic who she knew loved beating the shit out of me, and I'm supposed to follow her orders? To fucking hell with that.

"Computer, locate Commander Hayakawa and take me there," Akira growled at the computer as she entered the turbolift. It beeped in acknowledgement and shut the door, speeding off as hatred brewed in Akira's heart as she thought of her monster of a sister.

::Bridge::

Miko's casual stroll towards the bridge turbolift was interrupted as a young, noticeably beautiful Marine arrived. Normally, such a thing would not have had any unique or special impact on her day. This Marine, however, had an intensely angry expression on her face, even more irritated than Miko generally looked.

But it wasn't her expression that Miko was surprised by. It was the familiarity of her face, the sense that she had seen this woman before. Her mind raced to find it, finally stumbling upon one vague old memory of who it might be. No, no, no.... couldn't be..... could it?

Her train of thought was derailed as the marine suddenly growled and lunged at Miko, sending them both hurtling to the ground within seconds. Before she had any idea what was going on, the pain of someone repeatedly slamming their fist into her face sent adrenaline pumping throughout her body.

Reflexively she kicked the woman off herself, head shaking with confusion as she tried to stand up. The marine lunged at her once more, only to be stopped suddenly as a phaser beam rather effectively stunned her. Instantly she crumpled to the floor, still in such a rage that she continued to writhe towards Miko.

"Ma'am, are you alright?", a security officer asked her as he helped her up. Miko would have responded if not for the fact that she was now staring at the marine's scowling, hauntingly familiar face.

She was older than Miko remembered, far more mature in her appearance than the little girl she had known. She was far more beautiful now as well, with a delicate face that Miko could easily have fallen in love with if it was on another woman. But despite all the changes, it was still her.

"Akie...." Her little sister, the sibling she had long given up on and left to live without any family, was now lying before her. She seemed to exude rage as a pair of security officers picked her up, dragging her off towards a turbolift and, in all likelihood, the brig. Miko could only stand dumbstruck at what had just occurred as they took her away.

What did- how- why? Why did she hit me? Why was she so angry? What did I do to her? She had always hoped to meet Akira again one day, and have the chance to pour out he heart to her and apologize for leaving her, for never writing back when she had sent letter to Miko at the academy. She had never once imagined that Akira would be so furious at her, or a Marine, or so intensely beautiful.... it left her mind swirling as she leaned against a nearby console, not even caring that blood was trailing out of her nose and falling on her uniform. My sister... hates me? My sister hates me. Why does she hate me? It's just.... it.... Why?

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rychard Hannah on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Hannah kicked his feet up, resting his hands behind his head.

"Yeehaw. Not everyday you get to see something like that."

Rychard stood up, and helped Miko, who seemed to prefer getting up on her own, stuck in her own thoughts. The little trickle of blood dripped on to her shirt, but Rychard wasn't dumb enough to try and wipe it off.

"Besides a maniac, who was that pretty marine busting this place up?" He asked, glancing back at the turbolift, almost expecting her to have dispatched the security officers and come back for round 2.
Rychard Hannah
Helmsman
Helmsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Miko was too absorbed in her confusion to notice Rychard's "Yeehaw" comment, barely able to form a response when he asked her who the maniac that had just attacked her was. In truth, she wasn't one hundred percent sure, but the haunting familiarity of that face was simply too much to ignore.

"My sister..." Miko started slowly, still slightly dumbstruck, "I think it was my little sister, Akira." Her sister that she hadn't seen in, what... sixteen years? Not since the day Miko had left for Starfleet academy. She had been straight back then, and far more irritable than she was now. Hell, Akira had been acting almost exactly like Miko used to act when she was a fiery teenager.

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McDonald on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:32 pm

:: Bridge ::

Remembering the earlier words of the young ensign just a few moments ago, Lieutenant McDonald doubted the commander’s mood would have been improved any. In silence she watched as security officers bundled the enraged woman into the turbolift and continued their attempts to subdue her, a task Alex did not envy them. Whilst seriously doubting now was the best time, the padd she held in her hand was a reminder that she needed to report in. Good time or not.

“Commander?”

She waited patiently for their CO to regain her composure, and it was clear the exchange had troubled her. Which was hardly any surprise. It wasn’t every day a scene like that played out on the bridge of a Starfleet vessel. When she had her attention, Alex handed over her orders. “Lieutenant Alex McDonald,” she announced, “I’m your Chief Science Officer.”

OFF

Ooc. Sorry it’s short, just wanted Alex to introduce herself and get in the mix Wink

Alex McDonald
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rychard Hannah on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:23 pm

"My sister..."

Hannah took in the statement, filtering it with a grain of salt. Miko had a sister, who was much younger, and apparently, a fiery, wild spirit. Or, at least violent. But, what's the difference? Again, he couldn't stop glancing back to the turbolift, still a little dumbstruck. Now, it wasn't the most ridiculous thing he had seen, but it was certainly interesting.

"Akira, huh? Nice name."

Using only the little memory of the event he had, he continued to replay her black hair whipping back as she sprung into action, and her firm, strong arms coiled back, hitting Miko in the face. It was almost arousing.

"Uh, Ma'am, would you mind if I went down to the brig to question the event?"
Rychard Hannah
Helmsman
Helmsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:14 pm

"Sure," Miko replied quietly. She had no idea why a pilot would want to interrogate someone about a violent outburst, especially someone as angry as Akira seemed to be. At the moment, however, she was so wrapped up instaring at her sister continuing to groan and struggle to resume the brawl that her reasoning skills were rather dampened.

While Hannah departed with Akira and the two security officers, the sound of a woman addressing her caused Miko's head to snap up, the shock of what had just transpired momentarily shaken off. She glanced over the teal-colored lieutenant half-disjointed, taking another moment to respond.

"Oh... hello." She blinked, remembering how just a few week ago she had been a Chief Science Officer as well. Briefly Miko wondered if she'd end up getting reassigned to another ship just as quickly as Miko had.

"Guess that wasn't exactly a fine way for you to first see your CO, was it?", Miko groaned as she wiped her bloody nose with her sleeve.

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McDonald on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:48 pm

"As first impressions go, it was quite unique," Alex admited with a warm smile, "but I don't really believe in them so..."

Her voice trailed off as she examined the woman's injury. "I realise a lot of COs claim immortality but you probably should have that taken care of. If you don't want to visit Sickbay, I'm sure I could patch you up with a medkit?"

As she spoke she shrugged dismissively, making it clear she was fine with whatever Miko decided.

OFF
Alex McDonald
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rychard Hannah on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:21 am

:: Brig ::

The turbolift opened, and Hannah stepped out, glancing around, almost like a small kitten in curiosity. He passed by a few empty cells, before coming to one with a security personnel standing near it. He spotted Rychard, but Hannah gave the signal to walk away for a little bit. He understood, stepping away to a panel on the wall at the end of the room, working on that. The pilot turned to the barricade, looking in.

Akira Hayakawa wasn't one to sit on the seat and give in to being arrested with ease. She stood firmly in the cell, and looked up to see Rychard standing there. Her furrowed brow and black hair matched her aggressive eyes and grit teeth.

"So, you must be Akira..."
Rychard Hannah
Helmsman
Helmsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:04 pm

"I'm fine," Miko grumbled back, "Gotten beatings before that make that look like tender cuddling. Look, I have to go scream at someone back on Starbase 21, so could we do this introduction thing later?"

::Brig::

Akira paced back in forth in her in cell in a mood of total frustration, greatly tempted to try and punch her way past the forcefield keeping her contained. Should have strangled her, not punched her in the face. Could've killed her before they shot me if I went for the strangulation.

Her enraged thoughts were interrupted by a male voice addressing her by name. Looking up, she found a smug-faced lieutenant in a red uniform standing outside her cell. Instantly she felt the desire to force her way out of confinement and rearrange his face, superior officer or not.

"Yeah, Akira. The fuck do you want?"

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rychard Hannah on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:12 pm

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, dear. Let's hold those horses for something else."

He propped himself against the side of the bulkhead, still face to face with Akira.

"Now, I'm not one for this chain-of-priorities bullshit. Command up there's a lot of talk, but I can already tell you're a girl of action. That's what gets shit done."

He peered into her blue eyes, focusing like a laser cutting a diamond.

"I figure there's no use in making enemies right now, hun. I'm on your side - here for the real stuff. I'm your ally."

Rychard smirked. It was his ace-up-his-sleeve.

"Now, I figure we can get you out of here, and maybe talk everything out. Is that alright?"
Rychard Hannah
Helmsman
Helmsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:33 am

"Talk? Sure, let's talk. We can talk about how I'll throttle that bitch until she's almost dead." Akira growled at Rychard, berating herself internally for not being able to break eye contact with him, before continuing.

"Then I'll let her take a few hellishly painful breaths before I smash in her skull with my fists. And then I'll savor the wet, slicked, slimy, sadistically satisfying feeling of her brain matter being squashed in my hands."

Between gazing into Rychard's blue eyes and describing how she wanted to violently murder her sister, Akria could already feel a calm washing over. "I feel better now. Swear I won't try and beat the shit out of her of you let.... me.... out...."

Akira's speech slowed as she noticed just how Rychard was examining her body. Instantly her cheeks flushed. "Although if you don't trust me, you could always escort me for a little bit." Oh, wouldn't this be a nice outlet for all the rage... a smugly handsome outlet...

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rychard Hannah on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:46 pm

"Well, a promise is a promise." Rychard smiled with smug satisfaction. Akira's flushed cheeks was a sign of a different side. Of course, it was cute, and it made Hannah feel good that he could do that to women. Rychard signaled for the guard to return, and open the cell. When asked why to open, Hannah lied, stating that the order came from upstairs. The naive guard hit the right codes, and the forcefield came down.

"Now, why don't we get a drink in the lounge and finish this conversation somewhere else?"
Rychard Hannah
Helmsman
Helmsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Akira eyed the lieutenant as he released her from incarceration, curiosity bounding around inside her head. Imperceptive as she could be, it wasn't hard to tell he had a rather unprofessional interest in her. Considering the most he would have seen of her was beating the shit out of her CO.... oh, how strange were the tastes of the modern male.

"Well, lead the way," Akira said softly as she could manage-roughly the metaphorical softness of a volcano-as she drifted close enough to allow his hand to brush against her waist. "By the way, never got your name."

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rychard Hannah on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:08 am

Escorting her to the turbolift, and the command "Rec Room", the doors shut, rocketing up.

"Oh. The name's Hannah. Rychard Hannah."

As they started the ascent, Rychard had to make sure not to mention anything about Miko lest he provoke her.

::Recreation Room::

Entering the hallway, it was mostly empty. After all, the ship had work to do before people could start relaxing. But that wasn't going to stop them. Slipping his hand around her waist, Rychard led her to the empty recreational room. It was a cozy lounge, and Hannah had a feeling he'd be spending a lot more time in at that counter. Unmanned, he slipped over and retrieved 2 beers from the food synthesizer, throwing his rank around. They returned to a table, setting down their drinks.

"Alright, beautiful. So I know you're Akira, and you're a marine. Got a tale behind those wonderful eyes?"
Rychard Hannah
Helmsman
Helmsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miko Hayakawa on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 pm

As the turbolift sped towards their destination, Akira could feel her rage finally lifting, something that she immediately wished was not happening. Her darker, furious side was rapidly giving way to the meek, nervous, stuttering Akira most people saw, at the worst possible time, right when a handsome man was actually turned on by her fiery behavior.

A shiver ran through her entire body as they arrived and Rychard slipped his hand around Akira's waist. Tactile contact was not something she was accustomed to with anyone, especially someone who was attracted to her. She gulped quietly as he ordered two beers from a replicator and guided her over to a couch, arm still around her waist as they sat down.

"Alright, beautiful. So I know you're Akira, and you're a marine. Got a tale behind those wonderful eyes?"

"Well, uh, nothing really i-interesting," Akira replied nervously, slightly scared at how Rychard would react to her sudden change in behavior. "S-s-sad, maybe, b-but not r-r-r-really interst-t-ting."

She pusher her drink away before quickly adding, "I, er, I d-don't really l-l-like a-alcohol. M-my mom was a-an alcohol-h-h-h-holic."

Commanding Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rychard Hannah on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:06 pm

When Akira began to stutter, Rychard couldn't help but smile. It was nothing short of cute. Her rage had subsided, and she was reverting back to being a cute little doll.

"I, er, I d-don't really l-l-like a-alcohol. M-my mom was a-an alcohol-h-h-h-holic."

Hannah bit his lip. He quickly slid the beer away, ducking it under the table.

"Oh, sure. Yeah. It happens. Sorry, babe. Didn't know."

Rychard's let his hand rest on hers, and he turned his head to look directly into her eyes. When you hit a speed bump, melt their core.

"Now, you're a regular ol' sweetheart. Why'd ya join the Marines? Maybe you would have been much better working somewhere else. Maybe with me."
Rychard Hannah
Helmsman
Helmsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next