USS Renaissance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lillian/Reneé

2 posters

Go down

Lillian/Reneé Empty Lillian/Reneé

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:07 am

:: Marine Commanding Officer's Office ::

Sitting behind her desk Reneé sighed as she looked through her detachment's files, keeping an eye out for anyone in particular. Her eyes settled on a Gunnery Sergeant Cortez. Reading the file she frowned. This woman was her First Sergeant, in other words her most senior Non-Commissioned Officer. Though Reneé knew she had to bite the bullet and talk to this woman, try and build some rapport.

Tapping her combadge she said "Gunnery Sergeant Cortez? This is Major Lucas, report to my office."

Her mind wandered to how this woman would take to being summoned.

Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Marine CO
Marine CO

Back to top Go down

Lillian/Reneé Empty Re: Lillian/Reneé

Post by Lilian Cortez Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:40 am

Sitting behind her desk Reneé sighed as she looked through her detachment's files, keeping an eye out for anyone in particular. Her eyes settled on a Gunnery Sergeant Cortez. Reading the file she frowned. This woman was her First Sergeant, in other words her most senior Non-Commissioned Officer. Though Reneé knew she had to bite the bullet and talk to this woman, try and build some rapport.

Tapping her combadge she said "Gunnery Sergeant Cortez? This is Major Lucas, report to my office."

:: Barrack of Lilian Cortez ::

Reading some book about how people survive the snow in a cold planet "Oh dumb people" she shrugs as she hears the Commandant "On my way Major, Cortez out" she stands up and moves out of her cabit as she soon walks into the marine office and then walks a bit back and knocks on the door "Cortez reporting...sir, your door was open"
Lilian Cortez
Lilian Cortez
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:48 am

Reading some book about how people survive the snow in a cold planet "Oh dumb people" she shrugs as she hears the Commandant "On my way Major, Cortez out" she stands up and moves out of her cabit as she soon walks into the marine office and then walks a bit back and knocks on the door "Cortez reporting...sir, your door was open"

"It's ma'am or Major" replied Reneé, tilting her head to one side as she sized Lillian up. "Come in Sergeant, have a seat. How are you finding the ship? Met anyone interesting?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Marine CO
Marine CO

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilian Cortez Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:53 am

"It's ma'am or Major" replied Reneé, tilting her head to one side as she sized Lillian up. "Come in Sergeant, have a seat. How are you finding the ship? Met anyone interesting?"

"Ma'am I don't tend to meet someone interesting here, I am here to do my job" she replied
Lilian Cortez
Lilian Cortez
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:00 pm

"Ma'am I don't tend to meet someone interesting here, I am here to do my job" she replied

Raising an eyebrow Reneé had felt the same way till she had Miko, the commanding officer, gently caress her in a corridor. However she had to slowly shake her head at that statement. "Your job is to protect this ship and it's crew. Perhaps you'd benefit from getting to know who you're protecting. It keeps the crew secure in the knowledge that someone who cares about them is watching out for them. Also I noticed you were the Acting Marine CO before me coming aboard. I find myself lacking an Marine Executive Officer. Though you're technically the First Sergeant I see no problem with you in the acting role. Do you?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Marine CO
Marine CO

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilian Cortez Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Raising an eyebrow Reneé had felt the same way till she had Miko, the commanding officer, gently caress her in a corridor. However she had to slowly shake her head at that statement. "Your job is to protect this ship and it's crew. Perhaps you'd benefit from getting to know who you're protecting. It keeps the crew secure in the knowledge that someone who cares about them is watching out for them. Also I noticed you were the Acting Marine CO before me coming aboard. I find myself lacking an Marine Executive Officer. Though you're technically the First Sergeant I see no problem with you in the acting role. Do you?"

"I am not a people person Major, never will be. I strongly advise you to read my history and what I have seen, as for the acting roll, sure why not" Lilian replied "I will protect the people on board this ship as much as I can, as it is my duty to do so. Yet again, its not my duty to interact with them"
Lilian Cortez
Lilian Cortez
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:12 pm

"I am not a people person Major, never will be. I strongly advise you to read my history and what I have seen, as for the acting roll, sure why not" Lilian replied "I will protect the people on board this ship as much as I can, as it is my duty to do so. Yet again, its not my duty to interact with them"

"Unfortunately Sergeant your duty is as I dictate it" claimed Reneé who was now leaning back into her chair and crossing her arms. "Right now I'm dictating that it's to learn something about the senior officers. Knowledge is power Sergeant, knowledge keeps us alive. Besides I'm tired of Marines skulking away from the Fleeties at every given opportunity. Problem?"
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Marine CO
Marine CO

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilian Cortez Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:11 pm

"Unfortunately Sergeant your duty is as I dictate it" claimed Reneé who was now leaning back into her chair and crossing her arms. "Right now I'm dictating that it's to learn something about the senior officers. Knowledge is power Sergeant, knowledge keeps us alive. Besides I'm tired of Marines skulking away from the Fleeties at every given opportunity. Problem?"

"Actually yes Major I do have a problem with marines like you" she said it right in her boss face "I have a problem with people that rather want to become sentimental with their crewmates that can cause distraction of their duties, what then will fall into the deaths of many because that marine or security officer became emotional attach to someone called a friend or even better a lover!" she raise her voice a bit "I will refuse to do that order you just wrote down Major, if you don't like it....reassign me towards another vessel then"
Lilian Cortez
Lilian Cortez
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:35 pm

"Actually yes Major I do have a problem with marines like you" she said it right in her boss face "I have a problem with people that rather want to become sentimental with their crewmates that can cause distraction of their duties, what then will fall into the deaths of many because that marine or security officer became emotional attach to someone called a friend or even better a lover!" she raise her voice a bit "I will refuse to do that order you just wrote down Major, if you don't like it....reassign me towards another vessel then"

"Think of it as a suggestion rather than an order" stated Reneé coldly. "And like it or not I'm the MCO, so if you have a problem fine it's noted but there's little you can actually do about it. Frankly you don't have to agree with what I say, you just have to understand. Soon you'll have to find a better reason than 'it's my job' when it comes to defending this crew or I'll be one marine down on the rifle line."
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Marine CO
Marine CO

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilian Cortez Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:52 pm

"Think of it as a suggestion rather than an order" stated Reneé coldly. "And like it or not I'm the MCO, so if you have a problem fine it's noted but there's little you can actually do about it. Frankly you don't have to agree with what I say, you just have to understand. Soon you'll have to find a better reason than 'it's my job' when it comes to defending this crew or I'll be one marine down on the rifle line."

Lilian narrows her eyes and salutes her "So be it, until then I just do my duties sir" she turns around and walks out of the office without any regards of letting her MCO dismissing her, she just walked away.
Lilian Cortez
Lilian Cortez
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reneé Lucas Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:02 pm

Lilian narrows her eyes and salutes her "So be it, until then I just do my duties sir" she turns around and walks out of the office without any regards of letting her MCO dismissing her, she just walked away.

Shaking her head Reneé watched as Lillian left and gave a sad sigh. "Just like you brother, just like you." At that she turned back to her padds.

OOC: Gonna put this up when we finally leave docking to keep it all in order Smile
Reneé Lucas
Reneé Lucas
Marine CO
Marine CO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum